You might already be aware that throughout this week, I’ll be posting vacation bundles of popular destinations for Eid Al Adha, including:
Each vacation bundle post will include flight and hotel options for 2 people, so you can choose what suits you best. All vacation bundles run for the period of 4 to 11 September 2017 (8 days in total).
Again, before we go any further, here are a few important notes:
- I am not sponsored or affiliated with any party mentioned in this post
- This post was written out of my own interest in travel, and the desire to share this interest with as many people as possible
- All hotels recommended in this post are options that I would personally consider when travelling
- Prices indicated in this post might change from the time of posting
- Don’t rely solely on information in this post
- Make sure you verify all information, terms and conditions before making any bookings
Now that the intro is out of the way, let’s talk Istanbul. Istanbul has become a very hot destination as of late for travellers. If you’re thinking of going there for Eid, there’s plenty of good accommodation options out there. In terms of tickets, prices are noticeably higher than normal, so you better book early and lock in a good price if you’re intent on going.
4 September 2017: Bahrain (BAH) to Istanbul (IST)
7 nights in Istanbul
11 September 2017: Istanbul (IST) to Bahrain (BAH)
Istanbul is relatively well served from Bahrain. There are plenty of flight options, however, prices tend to increase during around public vacations. As always, I used http://www.kayak.com to scout for ticket prices. Below are the best flight options, listed in ascending order by price:
- Emirates: BD 120/person
- Etihad: BD 120/person
- flydubai: BD 120/person
- Turkish Airlines: BD 204/person
- Gulf Air: BD 209/person
Direct flights are almost double the price of ones that include a short stop in UAE. To me, it’s a no brainer, I’d pick one of the Emirati carriers, preferably the one with the shortest layover.
All of the suggested accomodation options listed below are on Istiklal Avenue, and are of excellent quality. You really won’t go wrong picking any of them.
Option 1: Gumusyan Hotel
Cost for 7 nights: BD 115 (BD 16/night)
Option 2: Hotel Pera Parma
Cost for 7 nights: BD 117 (BD 17/night)
Option 3: Mirrors Hotel
Cost for 7 nights: BD 132 (BD 19/night)
Option 4: The Peak Hotel
Cost for 7 nights: BD 133 (BD 19/night)
Option 5: Blueway Hotel Historical
Cost for 7 nights: BD 135 (BD 19/night)